• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spyware?!?!? Help!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

I want to freakin sue these people but there isn't any contact information on the page they tell you to go to!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! this should be so illegal!!!!!!
SEVERAL times a day i get this popup, doing NOTHING on the net, i come home at nite and i have to close about 10 of them:

spy.bmp

sometimes there is also a different windows saying to go to messagestop.net i know that we don't talk aout cracking here but someone be a good boy and crack this site wide open to make sure that these peeps can't send out anymore of their "legal viruses", call em popups or spyware if you want.

Turn on your Firewall, that might block it. While on IE(like now) click:
Tools, Internet Options, Connection, Settings, Properties, Advanced and check the box(thats if your on XP that is), that will stop it. If you dont have XP just download the free Zone Alarm Firewall.
Its not Spyware more of an exploit of the inbuilt Windows Messenger System(if its the same problem i had).

Last edited:
ya i got some advice on disabling the messenger system and everything is gravy :D

Sorted :) If you havent already got a Firewall i still suggest you get one. I notice your on ME so dont think that has one, just download the free Zone Alarm one.

Back