• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best air cooling solution for 9800XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nephewkp

Since I don't have a H2O cooling setup yet for my computer, I wanted to know what is the best air cooling solution for a R9800XT. I am tired of it artifacting after pumping the GPU up only about 35Mhz. I know of stuff that is out there, but I don't know what will fit on the XT. My 9800st is built by ati if that makes much of a diff.

The VGA silencer has been tried and true as the absolute best. It also lowers your case temps by a few degrees, and is known for being very quiet. I have not seen a formal comparison to previously listed card.

I will look into the silencer. I have heard about it being used on 9800pro's but I haven't really seen anything about it being on a XT

ill be getting my vga silencer tommorrow for my 9800 pro
it will be my second one bought, first one was on a 9700 pro and it placed about 25th in the ati oc thread.
its my nephews now.

VGA Silencer & 9800XT

It looks like the VGA Silencer is not configured for the 9800XT. Any other ideas on cooling? Mine runs normally at about 65 degrees C, and up to 72 when playing BF1942.

Hmmm.....besides a waterblock, I don't know any effective ways to cool the beast down. The XT just gets sooo freaking hot with the slightest OC. I guess it is time for me to find a good water cooling setup.

Back