• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about LAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeepgc04

Registered
I recently switched to a new case, and after install my onboard Lan won't work. It worked great before but now the amber light just blinks. And on the computer it keeps flashing that the cable is connected then unplugged back and forth. the only time it does not is when the pc is off. I threw in my old Intel Pro100 dual nic card and it works fine, but the onbooard was pretty nice as well. Anyone have any idea's?

thanks

hmm strange coz that actually happened when my router went mad and i have to rma it :)

Are you sure its not software related? Ive had a problem with a couple different brands of firewalls, And this is prolly a dumb question but you installed the drivers for the onboard lan right?

nic's are very weird devices.They can die instantly then come back to life just as fast for no apparent reason.I work for a cable co. in the tier 1 dept. and see probs like this everyday and there isnt a whole lot you can do besides what you have done already.

btw, how did u install over the originals?
try this:

1) press window+break
2) click hardware
3) click device manager
4) look for ur network card
5) then right click, choose update driver
6) then point to the new drivers dir

then i think u will have to restart.. aight? :D

Back