• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose a Socket A Heastink Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkj

Like the title says. Im looking for the best price performance ratio. Going on a mobile 2400+ w/ an abit nf7s board.

well its not really the money spent its just I want to best product/performance. Im willing to spend 20-50 bucks

Like the title says. Im looking for the best price performance ratio. Going on a mobile 2400+ w/ an abit nf7s board.

Nothing beats an SP97 and a 80mm Tornado.

Nados cost about $10-15
SP97 ~$50

24CFM?!?! That way too weak for a SLK or SP heatsink. The fins are so large and close together that they need a fairly powerful fan to push the air all the way down and through all of the fins.

I 2nd the SP97 and tornado reccomendation. I would get a 92MM though.

www.sidewindercomputers.com has SP-97, 92mm tornado and AS5 the SP-97 and Tornado are a little on the high side for price but the as5 is 5$ all 3 come to 65.90 without shipping(not sure where u live) but shipping isent overly exspensive there

*edit* if u get the stuff from there remember to select "add fan" under the heatsink info and you save ~2$

arctic silver 5
fan with cfm above 50
and stay away from thermaltake heatsinks

following those rules, you should be fine.

there is some deals in the cyber deals forum. Check it out

for the 80mm panaflow L1A fans here

Though like others have said... tornado is probably your best bet:( (I switched to watercooling and for me to have to recommend a loud *** fan makes me sad)

for cheapest arctic silver 5 here
(Don't forget to put first class shipping)

Back