• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this ok? =/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ankit

Registered
hey guys.. i must have told u already that im getting the coolermaster areogate II... it comes with sensors but the thing it doesnt come with is thermal tape.. and i want to buy everything on one site and this site... www.jab-tech.com does not have thermal tape =/ so i was wondering.. since thermal greese is sticky.. can i put a tiny bit under the processor where the sensor should b and hten put the sensor on top of that so it sticks up there... or can someone find me the link to where thermal tape is cause im blind =D lol wat should i do?

You don't need thermal tape to attach a thermal sensor. To attach the thermal sensor, [OPTIONAL]cut the little plastic peice off that's around the actual sensor[/OPTIONAL], put it right NEXT to the CPU core (as close as you feel safe putting it), tape it down, attach HSF. Or you can do the same except threading the sensor's cables through all the pins under the CPU and just sticking it on the bottom of the core (pressure should keep it in place, no tape needed).

cant i just use som plan old eletric tape? =/ or som duct tape lol or masking tape hell wat about some scotch tape?

Ankit said:
cant i just use som plan old eletric tape? =/ or som duct tape lol or masking tape hell wat about some scotch tape?

Use a dab of super glue. And I do mean JUST A DAB!!!

any reg tape would melt/burn near your core...

super glue is too permanent, and the wires are coated with rubber for a reason, so that they dont short out anything (or eachother)

threading through the pins is a little tricky but works...just gotta make sure the processor is seated in the socket after.

threading through the pins is a little tricky but works...just gotta make sure the processor is seated in the socket after.

wat the hell does that mean.. i dont get it =/

i called up radio shack.. and they said they have silicon tape.. they said it can with stand alot of heat and other crap.. is silicon tape good ? =D

Back