• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help - > USB!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
Ok my onboard USB worked earlier today. I tried connecting the digital camera (just got it) today to upload some pic. I only have 2 onboard USB ports (Abit NF7-S) and they were occupied by mouse and printer. Since I wasn't using the printer I disconnected it and connected the digital camera to the 2nd USB port. Nothing happened and the mouse was screwed up...

So I decided to connect the USB bracket.... still nothing happened...

I played around with settings then decided to take off the bracket....

In device manager it says USB hub is working properly. Yet I can't seem to add the printer anymore. The computer just won't even detect any USB devices (printer, digital camera, flash memory).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB controllers several times already... still nothing.

I'm using Win XP. Please help!

I heard that if you hotswap USB devices while they still got power it could fry the ports. Was the comp on when you were doing this? Besides that, I've never really encountered USB problems and can't think of anything else.

Papier said:
I heard that if you hotswap USB devices while they still got power it could fry the ports. Was the comp on when you were doing this? Besides that, I've never really encountered USB problems and can't think of anything else.

The computer was on when I swap the digital camera and printer connections.

Hmmm... :eek:

Damn looks like you're right... :(

The onboard USB ports are gone...

Got the bracket to work. It didn't work before cuz I was using bracket from my old mobo. :rolleyes:

Hot swapping is fine with USB. I've done it hundreds of times with no harm to any of my USB devices or ports.

It seems like there may be a bug in Nvidia chipsets and/or drivers and their USB implementation. I've been seeing more posts about USB problems.

Check Abit's website for any known issues with the NF7 and USB.

Also try www.usbman.com .

Back