• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

call of duty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camacho111

When playing Call of Duty. During the game it kinda stalls a bit. I'll get a freeze frame for a second while the audio is still running then the game resumes. What gives?

The funny thing is that after 5min of playing it stops happening completely. What can I do to help stop this? My system is not OC right now. Medal of Honor runs just fine!

COD had problem with my audio too. I had to turn down the performance of my card a few notches to get it to work. There's a slider bar in the audio control panel that lets you do this.

It sounds almost like the game is running from the swap file at first, then finally realizes that it is priority and plays from system memory instead. It could also be caused by a program running in the background (anti-virus). I recall having a similar problem, and I just figured that it was caused by the cut scenes using up all the system memory and then the game running from swap file till memory was freed back up. Then again that was just a wild guess on my part lol.

TUK101 said:
It sounds almost like the game is running from the swap file at first, then finally realizes that it is priority and plays from system memory instead. It could also be caused by a program running in the background (anti-virus). I recall having a similar problem, and I just figured that it was caused by the cut scenes using up all the system memory and then the game running from swap file till memory was freed back up. Then again that was just a wild guess on my part lol.
I think your right. I forgot I installed an anti-virus. No lag now. disable when I play.

Duhh...Thanks guys!

Back