• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocked 2100??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobInside

as you can see in my sig i have a tbred B dut3C 2100+. i want to try 200 FSB and lower the multiplier but every multiplier i've tried won't POST. I bought this CPU from someone claiming it was unlocked. He told me that maybe it won't show on older chipsets like my EPoX 8k3a+/VIA KT333. is this true?

If the chip is unlocked there's no reason for it not to work.
What you need is a wire trick to get the the lower multiplier range.
As your motherboard can only work with 4 multiplier bits, which basically mean you get two multiplier ranges, one is x5-x12.5 (low) and the second is x13-x24 (high) right now you're in the high range, and need a workaround to get to the low range.
check this page (first pic) for the pin holes you have to short to get to the lower range. Take a single strand of wire (like from a speaker wire) and make it a U shape, locate the correct pin holes on your mobo's socket, and insert the wire to short them both. Then insert your CPU back into the socket, you'll feel a little resistance but make sure the CPU is all the way in.
If successfully done you'll then boot at x5 multiplier and have access to x5-x12.5 multiplier.
There's another way to do this, and its to connect the last (5th) L3 bridge with conductive paint/ink/pen.

hmm so its my mobo thats the problem? i tried any multiplier and it wouldnt post so...it should still work in the high ranges...

Back