• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smallest possible liquid cooling hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stikphysh

I need to set up a liquid cooling system (it's my first, so don't be afraid to state the obviouse ;) ). The problem is, I'm doing it in a very small space... It wont even technicaly be in a case, but thats not important. What is important is that I am very limited on space, so i need to know what cooling stuff is the smallest while still cooling well. The resevoir is not important, because that will be exposed anyway. I do however need a small water block for cpu and chipset (being as the video is onboard in this instance), pump and radiator.

Thanks Y'all!

You might want to indicate what is "cooling well" means in this case?
What is the proposed setup?

Check out the front page for articles on water cooling the Shuttle SFFs. Now there's some small hardware. There's a couple articles. Can't find them right now because I can't get on the site though.

The company that made the parts for that shuttle article doesn't exist anymore, as far as I can tell. If you're going for super small I would think Innovatek, highspeedpc sells a lot of their stuff, would give decent cooling.

i dont know the exact specs yet, but i imagine it will be on a mini-itx motherboard (mini-itx.com). that being the case, its going to be smaller than a shuttle board... right now im just gathering ideas and brainstorming and drawing up plans. more than anything i need to know what i have to work with.
thanks!

I've been looking into doing this with my little Soltek Cubit system. I have a Black Ice Micro on the way.....still looking for other small components. I'm going to check out some "micro" pumps over at the local pet shop today.....all submergible, but maybe moddable into an inline pump. I'll just have to see how "Micro" they really are :rolleyes:

I shall post any useful findings.

very cool! let me know what you find, because i think that cubit uses very similar boards as i will be using. keep me posted.
THANKS!

I know one company that makes the smallest blocks I've ever seen: http://www.go-cooling.de.

These blocks are only ~5-10mm high, and cool very well. For a radiator, I know one model which has a bit more than the size of a 80mm fan, but the power of a 120mm radiator. For a pump, I think Eheim 1005 is really small.

Just looking through the reviews, the Evercool Water Cooler Kit WC-201 looks like it would do a reasonable job and most of it fits into one 5.25" drive bay

Back