• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BGmicro has Panaflo L1A fans on sale, 3.19 ea!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

Link

I saw this over at another forum. I don't take any credit for the find, but I figured you guys would love to buy these.

Its 3.19 for each fan, or 10/26.50. Shipping is $6 for up to 4lbs. So it's better if you buy more than 1 fan. The fans are very silent at 21db!! Similar to vantec stealths.

I just bought 2:D

Anybody have any experience with the store? A quick resellerratings check turns up... well, almost jack. :D But I wanted to grab 4 L1A's just recently, and that looks like a nice way to do it.

I might buy 10... Wonder how much the shipping would be tho?

I've had my V stealths for two years and they started making whinning noises. :rolleyes: Time for some new fans. :)

Last edited:
$6 shipping under 4 pounds.... 10 fans don't weigh 4 pounds.

You may want to try some oil on those old fans though kfistorok; a little fan oil has been known to make old like new. :)

There is also 172mm 24v fans in there for about $9!

I current have the 12v version cooling my radiator. I have mine run at 5v and its pretty quiet. The 24v you could run at 7v and have it seriously quiet and still put out a lot of cfm.

never had any problems ordering from BG Micro

i purchased some 162 mm fans awhile back that was 12 volt . never have tried them yet

Jen

I've ordered from bgmicro before too. Good company. Had a problem with a battery I bought there once and they sent a replacement at no charge.

Ken

i just ordered 4, to replace all my case fans. it would be nice if shipping was cheaper (and if they told you how much shipping was sometime during the ordering process), but the price can't be beat

Most 24v fans will run at 12v still pushing considerable amounts of air. if you really want it at 24v though ,you can get a 24v power supply, or take the -12 line off your ATX connector and use it as the ground. I however would not recommend the second option as most PSU's -12v rails are not rated to run at those kind of amperages especially with other devices on them.

If you know it is not the best place to ask, then why not ask in the air cooling forum and forego the "disclaimer"? :eh?:

Alternatively, you could use our neglected search function to easily find either one of the following threads which likely answer your question:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276903&highlight=power+supply+24V+fan
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276529&highlight=power+supply+24V+fan

Using the -12V line to achieve 24V will almost certainly end in ruin.

Back