• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Built new system and nothing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewBldr

No beep, no post, just power and fans.

Traded out my old CPU and got it to post, so, RMAing my new chip back to newegg... and they're treating me right.

Hoping the new chip will post and run like the devil :)

Yep, just traded the new chip in again, just to make sure... still nothing. Off it goes tomorrow and a replacement will be in the mail by then as well :)

The first badegg I got from newegg... but, hopefully my last (though not likely) ;)

hmm, maybe its a misaligned jumper

I know with an AMD board I have, I have to change the fsb from 100 to 133 via jumper, it would still post, but it would be at the wrong fsb if the jumper was wrong, is your working cpu the same as your newegg cpu?

ccb056 said:
...is your working cpu the same as your newegg cpu?

Similar... The new chip is a 2.8c and my working chip is a 2.66 533fsb. I wouldn't expect default settings for my motherboard to be something that wouldn't allow a new P4 chip to post though. The board is an Asus P4P800 deluxe.

Anyway, I don't mind RMAing it. I have other parts on their way. sp they can all arrive around the same time and I'll be up and rocking early next week ;)

Back