• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Pentium II's be OC'ed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

I have a PII 400 not sure about MMX, I think so.

I have tried to OC in Bios NO luck!!! >(

Any advise Please......

The only thing you can do is increase the frontside bus.

Right now you are running at 4.0 multi X 100 frontside bus.

But it's probably not worth it really because you'll be running your pci cards out of spec.

You can't crank up the multiplier on those chips they are locked.

all of the Pentiums are locked cept the really old ones like 233 and below.

Sure you can overclock it. Possibly get it up to 500 with the right setup.

Have a look at the front page http://www.overclockers.com and browse through the beginners guides. A ton of info to get you started.

A lot of what is possible will be determined by your setup. Give us some more info on what you have and what type of mobo you're running once you've read through there a bit. We'll be happy to answer your questions. =)

If the board is as old as that processor you will probably run into a problem. It may only support a 100MHz FSB which means you can't go over that. I have a P2 350 that I can't overclock because the only two boards I can run it on are limited to 100MHz FSB (3.5X100).

If yours does support 112 to 133 then make sure you keep that thing cool. Mine runs HOT HOT HOT at default as it is.

Back