• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

centrino cpu in a desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Keeping in mind that by "centrino cpu" you mean Pentium M cpu (Centrino is just the term for the computer when it has all the components that intel considers to complete it to be a "Centrino".. These are something like: wireless built in, utilizing the intel 855 chipset, and having a Pentium M cpu - I could be missing some or off a bit, but this is the general idea)... i asked the same question here
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274514

but to answer your question simply, no it cannot be used in a desktop motherboard.... and only possibly would it work, but not without a lot of modification and adaptation)

they still are not truly desktop boards are they? they're like some sort of mini computer/laptop hybrid boards. some have support for notebook pc cards and are lacking pci/agp slots (or have limited support for these in some cases)

i think it would be cool if they made a real desktop board that supported these cpus.. jsut imagine the overclocking on these cool little pentium m cpus :) some day soon maybe

Back