• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need Heeelp!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LancerJay

while putting in some fans and removing them, i sorta jerked the fan (with little force) while taking it out and my computer shut off. after messing around with it, i figured out that my computer won't boot when i have the molex power connector hooked up to my video card. my computer will boot when i unplug it, and once i try to plug it back in, my computer immediately shuts off. if it's connected before i turn on the computer, the lights and fan come on for a split sec then immediately shuts off. right now i'm using my old geforce 2mx400.

my specs:
p4 2.4ghz @ 3.3ghz
stock cooling, stock voltage
geforce fx 5700 ultra
256mb pc2700
asus p4p800

if you need any more info on specs i'll just ask.

sad to know i can't boot up with my video card :(

any kind of response would help! i need something to work off of so i can act immediately.

Last edited:
do you have another computer you can swap the video card into?
test the card on someone elses comp then if not, you just need to isolate what the problem is and go from there.

If you plugged it in when the computer was running, if you didnt have a dead card before, its dead now.

I'd say your PSU is too weak.

Back