• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Intel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Called Intel today hoping for a longshot RMA on that P3 1Gig I killed last Friday due to a bad seat from my Millenium Glaciator.

They accepted my plea and have sent me an email on how to return ship it.

Duallies at 1125 not far away now!

Thanks Intel...

Thats very good news :)

I always liked boxed cpu's over oem for just that reason!

You know, for all the ill will I see bandied about regarding Intel, they DO stand behind their products. All of my dealings with them have been very pleasant. Glad to see that the trend continues Jon.

Zuck Gou :) (Aug 01, 2001 11:10 p.m.):
What exactly did you say to em John? The truth?

Haha, right.

It was basically the truth with a little bit of my own story built in.

A heatsink did crack my chip. It helped me that they thought it was their stock heatsink that did it. Had I burned the chip by overclocking I wouldn't attempt. Not because they definately wouldn't take it then, but because I broke it. After closely looking, this core was tilted slightly. Maybe not enough to do what happened, but I think it helped. It was obviously a big imperfection.

Anyways, it was only a couple weeks old so I wanted to try as hard as I could to get it replaced. Afterall, I did buy another the very next day. If it were my battered P3 700, it would remain dead. I got some use out of it.

I'm happy.

I RMA'd one recently....maybe you saw this, but maybe not......and sent it in with a registered card. Got the card back that it was signed for and got a new processor 2 days later. Took a total of 4 or 5 days.

Glad they honored their warranty for ya bud.

Back