• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mod the D-Tek ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know the size of the TC4 but if it is not any bigger than the WW I would not want to be drilling extra holes in the Poly-top. The WW already has problems cracking between the barbs. Lessening the space between would just make the problem worse, wouldn't it?

I ordered the Aluminum top for my 2 processors.I will look at them and if it looks possible my friend at a local machine shop will do the mod for me.

That'd be an interesting mod. Not sure how much good it would do you, but it would certainly make the block less restrictive. I'm interested in the results.

johan851 said:
That'd be an interesting mod. Not sure how much good it would do you, but it would certainly make the block less restrictive. I'm interested in the results.

ah for some reason i quoted the wrong post?

Last edited:
diehrd said:
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=106

That is there latest.

Has any one tried adding a center inlet to the TC-4 rev2, allowing the 2 ends to be outlets ?

Tc-4Rev2
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11

I modded a D-Tek block many moons ago to a three barb top and used a jet sprayer I made to force water onto the center channel that I drilled 15 dimples over the die.

7_Nozzle.jpg

water_20block.jpg

Re: Re: Mod the D-Tek ?

DodgeViper said:

I modded a D-Tek block many moons ago to a three barb top and used a jet sprayer I made to force water onto the center channel that I drilled 15 dimples over the die.

7_Nozzle.jpg

water_20block.jpg

what performance gain did you get from modding it like that? loooks very good

Re: Re: Mod the D-Tek ?

DodgeViper said:

7_Nozzle.jpg

water_20block.jpg

Ok cool so how does it work ? Did it lower temps at all ? Lessen flow ? Increase flow ? Come on share the results

Re: Re: Re: Mod the D-Tek ?

diehrd said:

Ok cool so how does it work ? Did it lower temps at all ? Lessen flow ? Increase flow ? Come on share the results

Camparing the changes I made to a stock TC-4, the temps if I remember correctly dropped 2C. The sprayer nozzle worked much like other blocks using the the center barb to direct water over the die.

If you already own the block you can improve its performance, but if you are looking at buying this block to make changes then your better off buying the WW block from D-tek.

I needed 2 blocks and ordered them because thay perform decient and cost about the same for 2 as 1 ww...Where did ya ger that nozel from..

Back