• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

test drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeepgc04

Registered
I decided to scrap XP and give server 2003 a test drive, I have to say I miss the look of xp, but this is one sweet system. Very 2000 pro like, and NT4 in some other area's. I picked up the copy here:

http://microsoft.order-5.com/windowsserver2003evaldl/d.asp?o=DD8G3NKKVTDM9LUDVJSRF2JB41

It's the trial copy.

One question, does anyone that may have used this know of anything like blinds or style xp for this? I would just like to change the menu colors to something a little darker as well as the whole start bar.

thanks

no he isnt looking to make his windows a workstation..just lookin to change his menu colors and such....Right click on windows and go to properties try the themes tab first then the appearence tab if that doesnt work out for you

Sophisticated said:
no he isnt looking to make his windows a workstation..just lookin to change his menu colors and such....Right click on windows and go to properties try the themes tab first then the appearence tab if that doesnt work out for you
The only thing that page deals with is enabling the "Themes Services" in Windows 2k3

Thanks everyone but no actually that link was pretty sweet, once you enable the themes service, you can then follow their so called hack for the dx file and use visuals from themexp with out any other stuff.

so thanks again..

Style XP v2.01 works with Server 2k3, I think you have to enable themes service for it to work, I had it when I was using Server 2k3

Back