• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting at scratch w/ 600E - Abit BE-6 II & Slotket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdadare

Registered
Hello all, I finally gave the Katmai the old heav ho and I just got my Coppermine 600E (FCPGA) - Abit BE-6 II and a Slotket. I need some advice on how to step up, hopefully to 900+. I purchased a Abit Slotket III from Maryland Micro. and they sent me some cheesy Super Slotket - III converter, but I'm going to try it anyways. (I will never order from them again). I've never delt with manually increasing voltage and had this many multiplyer/FSB options and I was hoping that some of you who have this combination will be able to help me out. I also have 256mb of PC133 SDRAM, Generic, 3.3v, a Alpha Heatsink & some Arctic thermal.

Contrary to some beliefs, I would burn that sucker in.

Get something like CPUBurn or Burn In Test (available at TweakFiles.com I believe), up the voltage to about 1.80V or 1.85V depending on what the default is for that chip and run one of those programs for a few days. Keep a close eye on temps as you don't want to see them venture off into the 40C range if possible. After a few days of this try and bump the FSB up to 133MHz and see how stable you are if it can post and make it into Windows there. If not, drop it down to maybe 115 or so and burn in some more.

Just keep inching your way up until find it can no longer take anymore. I wouldn't try any higher than 1.90V if it's ever needed past 1.85V. Some can hit up to 2.05V, but those come far and beyond. Just always keep a very close eye on temps as that is crucial to keeping that chip safe and getting the most you can out of it.

If 150MHz FSB is your goal it's going to take some patience. Just take your time, be careful and go little by little and hopefully you can get a good overclock out of it.

Good luck!

Back