• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Exi|e-

This question has probably been asked before but here it is again. I have a PIII1Ghz @ 1050Mhz on a Gigabyte motherboard... when i run Motherboard Monitor i get a readout of 31degrees has of now (almost idle) but in my bios it shows the CPU temp at 41degrees C. The temp for the case (from MM) is the same temp as in the bios but for the CPU its different. Does anyone know why? and which readout should i believe?

I would belive the bios.
While mbm is good it is designed for use with many types of sensor chips vs. your bios is made specifically for your motherboard.

Thx for the info! I just put 2 80mm fans on the side panel of my cpu, blowing air inside so i wanted to know if my cpu ran a bit lower in temp. My case went down by almost 10degrees C, seems my cpu is running a bit lower too, by about 2-3 degrees.... :)

I think I heard here that there is some type of load in the BIOS. Its not at full load or at Idle but somewhere in the middle. My max load temps are higher than the bios and Idle temps are lower than the bios. Its kinda like a mid load.

My personal experience say's that the Bios temps are 2-3 degree C down to the MBM temps@full load with Folding@home, and 7-8 degree up to idle.

I hope it helps to understand :)

I found out that u can compensate for temp differences in MM so i adjusted it to match the temps reported by the bios.

Back