• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple question 2400-m or 2500-m ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Ok im sure you've all heard this 1000 times by now but what would be better a 2400 mobile or the 2500 its around a 40dollar dif canadian any replys would be apreciated :)

Thanks, angelo

$40? difference? Where are you buying it from?

May I make a purchasing suggestion? Check out www.ncix.com

I just got my 2500+ Mobile from there for $141. I ordered it Tuesday of last week, and it was here yesterday via Purolator Ground.

all depends on your luck of the chip. both have done well in oc'ing that if may depend only on what you really can afford at this time. I went with the 2400-m, and been doing 2.7GHz with 2.1vcore.... on air cooling. You'll see folks here that are doing the same with the 2500-m and the 2600-m. some can't get pass 2.5G's on them either. Good luck on your choice.

thats where im gonna buy ti from the 2400 is 111 and the 2500 is 143 what do u think would o/c better
i live in montreal so it would take a few days to get here

I'm currently running my M-2500+ at 2415Mhz. I think my Northbridge is holding me back right now, however, 'cause I can hit 2500 (my goal), but it's not terribly stable.

Personally, I'm very happy w/ this chip. It's quite an improvement over my old Pally. I'd recommend getting the 2500+

thats what i have now a pllay 1900+ o/c to 1750 11x159 on a kr7a :)

and i jut checked again the 1400 is 117 and the 2500 is 143
well im asking cause ive been seening these chips hit the same speeds i was just wonder which has a better chance of hitting 2500 mhz :) and if its not that big of a chance id rather save the 35 bucks for some ram i have pc 2100 at the moment :)

whats the highest multi on those chips i can set it to since my mem prob wont go over 160 :) might get 165. think my cpu is limiting me right now :) and what vcore would the hiest multi need ?

without any mods upto x12.5
But then you can get GCPUID (my sig, red link) and up it to 13.5

but if you connect the 2nd L5 (its the only cut L5 bridge on there) you'll have access upto x24 using GCPUID. Read GCPUID readme, you can make it start on windows startup setting a certain multiplier.

are there any pics or pages showing how to to the pin mods step by step :) i wouldnt want to break anythign

Oni said:
$40? difference? Where are you buying it from?

May I make a purchasing suggestion? Check out www.ncix.com

I just got my 2500+ Mobile from there for $141. I ordered it Tuesday of last week, and it was here yesterday via Purolator Ground.

They're actually having a march break special selling these for $120cdn!!!! That's the cheapest i've ever seen em in canada. But be quick as it ends march 17th i believe.

I've ordered from them and they're on the ball w/ their service, delivered to me ASAP w/ no probs and kept me up to date regarding everything that's happening w/ my transaction. They're very professional folks.

Back