• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Heatsink Should I Buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
id recomend ditching the jet and getting something like a thermalright sp97 (best amd xp heatsink in the world) or slk947u (a close second), couples with as5. As your in the uk like me youll want links to the best uk retailerss -
www.overclock.co.uk
www.overclockers.co.uk
or alternatively you can just get some as5 and try lapping your jet and see what temps you get...if this works youve only bought as5...if temps are still high sell up and get a thermalright and youve got the as5 already!!! :D

Don't get a shim, and tornado works great if you can handle the noise. Otherwise, panflo 92mm fan is good for cooling and limited noise ;)

SP-97 is a very good choice. I use 92mm Panaflo fans but if you can stand the noise or use a fan controller, a Tornado is hard to beat in terms of the amount of air it can push.

If you want a nice balance between power and noise, you can use the Thermaltake SmartFan 2, it is adjustable so you can find a happy medium. :)

Back