• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DO NOT trust MadDog rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meksyk

I bought an fx5200 from manddog in Compusa, after filling and checking everything twice (like always) I mailed it, after two weeks they write me telling me that my original upc is missing, (believe me, it wasn't) and my rebate was not redeamable due that. i wrote them back explaining that it should be their mistake, and even offered to send digital pics of the box showing the barcode cut off, the first mail they sent me said they would fix the problem and I should wait 2 or 3 weeks to arrive the rebate, 2 week later I the status in rebatestatus.com still shows upc missing rebate invalid, i tryed to contact the 8 times, (they answered only 2) and they said that the rebate was invalid, they are avoiding me since then. besides they dont answer emails, only trough the "contact us" link in their page (at least the first two tries, after that they probably put you in the block adress list) Is the first and LAST time I buy anything from MadDog, Ive bought dozens of products with rebate, and this is the first time someone try to rip me off, if you're gonna buy something from them, don't expect the rebate to arrive

Kintaro Oe

Too bad you had a bad experience with them but I have had a couple rebates through them go through fine. Just something to keep in mind that maybe the envelope opened and some parts like the UPC fell out. But I wouldn't stop buying Mad Dog because of it, the prices are too good. ;)

OK, I asume that could be a problem handling the mail, but I tried to solve everything, and they dont answer me or help in any way, in my case is the first and last time i deal with them...

Well the prices are good....too bad the quality isn't :p. It would take a helluva deal to get me to buy a Mad Dog product in the first place.

I got a MadDog DVD-ROM drive at CompUSA. It had a $25 rebate and was a great deal. Athough I did get the rebate, it took like 3.5 months to get the thing.

Not sure what you do, but I always photocopy the submission form with the UPC attached to it. I've actually faxed one of these copies into a rebate center once, and it was enough to resolve a problem.

About 20 years ago, when I was a kid, my dad bought a bag of scott's turf builder with a $2 rebate, which he sent in. They never sent him the money, and he has avoided the company since then.

About 5 years ago, I bought a transparent langauge product (software) with a $20 rebate. They added me to their spam email list but never sent me my money or any explanation. I have avoided their products since then.

I wish companies would learn that they lose more money dodging rebates than they save.

I just got a 40gb western digital drive at circuit city with a $30 WD rebate and a $10 CC rebate. I sent them both in, registered mail, with photocopies of everything, and I informed them that I had the photocopies. WD sent me a check and CC sent me an email saying I would be getting one.

The moral of the story is let them know you'll be a serious pain in their asses if they don't just send you the rebate.

Just for the records after six emails, 3 messages and a warning about writing to computer magazines and the BBB, it looks like they solved the problem, as soon as the rebate arrives (if it does) I will notificate...

Back