• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclockix, y and z keys mixed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abitavenger

i installed overclockix to another computer and the Z and Y keys are mixed up. When i press z i get a y and when i press y i get a z. how do i change the keyboard layout_ i get the underscore for a question mark. ahhh help arkaine where are you lol

Christoph said:
Sounds like you got a European keyboard. Try booting with knoppix keyboard=us xkeyboard=us.

Probably German, i know theirs is qwertz.. (British one is qwerty tho but the ~ and other keys are moved around)

Yeah, like these guys said, you should make sure that you boot from CD with lang=us and that you there's a little flag in the bootom right of you taskbar that is the US flag, before you install. You should be able to change it post-install from the KDE regional/language section of the control center.

I've got another 3.4 iso where keyboard and language are set to English, but its got other problems so I haven't released it yet.

Back