• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ai7 or 1 of these Asus boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LogRus

I've got really confused in deciding which mobo to get, I'm looking for a mobo with as much features as I can get and I want it to be stable and not to have any incompatibility problems like I've had with ABIT VT7 which didn't want to work with any of the ATi video cards. I've got couple mobo's on my mind and they are:

1. ABIT AI7

2. ASUS P4P800

3. ASUS P4P800 - Deluxe

4. ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe

Which one is most stable?

Any incompatibility problems?

I've really had a huge headache with ABIT VT7, but I think I would give it a second shot if it comes out to be the best out of these 4 mobo's.

The price doesn't matter in between all these.

Thanks in advance :D!

I have used the AI7 and its a really nice MB. I haven't had a chance to play with the ASUS MBs, but I have never had good luck with their products. I just sent 2 MBs back to them this week.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm hoping more people will tell some more info on the other boards as I really want to compare all of them to get what I want.

Also I've forgot to mention that the mobo will replace the ABIT VT7 in my sig which means everything else will stay the same, and I'm really hoping not to have any problems with ATi 9800 Pro when I'll snap it in my new mobo as I've had with VT7...

And what is the difference between ASUS P4P800 Dlx and ASUS P4P800-E Dlx??? They seem to have same specs, only the boxes are different and "E" model costs $0.99 more.

PiSan314159 said:
I don't believe the P4P can run a Prescott, but Ai7 definately can. I highly recommend this board. Powerful and fun!

Looks like there are no Asus pple around here. And seems like my money are going to be eaten by ABIT :D.

I still have some time and I want to see more reviews on these boards.. anybody with any of these Asus mobo's out there?

I believe that the AI-7 and ASUS P4C800 Deluxe are great and many people use them both.

I was in the same dilemma in choosing a Pentium board. I really like the AI-7 due to its higher VDIMM voltage (3.2) as opposed to the ASUS max of 2.85. It does not have Gigabyte LAN however. Remember also that the AI-7 uses the older 865 chipset rather than the 875. People more experienced with these than myself would have to explain the true significance of that (if any).

if price is no object go w/ number 4...i own the ai7 and p4p800 deluxe and like the asus more...the abit is very nice too though

I’m impartial to abit AI7. It's a really nice board. I don't have an asus mb so I can't comment on its performance.

Vio1:

Did you have any trouble with your ati video card and mobo together? like Hang up, or BSOD for no reason?

And does it support Prescott?

thx.

I havent had any probs... with either my old p4p800 dlx or my new p4s800d-e deluxe.

As to performance of intel versus SIS... check the review firingsquad.com did on the p4s800d-e deluxe... this board out performs the P4C800 on just about all benchmarks, and is half the price.... plus the p4s800d e dlx has a super fast connection between the NB and SB.

Vio1 said:
I havent had any probs... with either my old p4p800 dlx or my new p4s800d-e deluxe.

As to performance of intel versus SIS... check the review firingsquad.com did on the p4s800d-e deluxe... this board out performs the P4C800 on just about all benchmarks, and is half the price.... plus the p4s800d e dlx has a super fast connection between the NB and SB.

Wow, that review from http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/asus_p4s800d-e_deluxe/page5.asp was a nice surprise for me. I'd never thought that SiS would be better then Intel becuase of it's probs with ATi and performance.... :)

Back