• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metsrule3186

can someone reccommend me a replacement cooler for my radeon 9000 128mb. the fan on it broke and i need something else to cool it. thanks a lot.

lol, he just has a 9000 , they dont run very hot at all, if yours has mounting holes just get a small orb type cooler. or you can just epoxy one on.

do u think i should buy the vga silencer or is there something better. i was originally looking at vantechs vga fan attachment but i was sure if it was any good.

well i was thinking about using powerstrip so i guess i might as well just get one of the bigger coolers.

and by a few more bucks u mean 180 dollars ;) dont really need to upgrade my video card since im in the process of ordering parts for a new comp and also that would sorta be a waste on my computer since i only have a 1.5 ghz anyway :D

The fan on my Radeon 8500 AIW started making noise. Unlike the one on the AIW 7500, this fan screws into the heatsink and isn't directly glued on.

I attached a socket 370 fan having it suck air away from the heatsink instead of blowing on it. With powerstip, I can now run the card at 299mhz instead of the default 275.

PICT0472.JPG

radeon1.jpg

Back