• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low points and High end Pc!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radius

Hi Guys...im a sad Guy that bought a new PC not the best but...the problem is that i got so low scores in 3Dmarks 03 with my new PC..i only get 4698points and dont know why?ok here is my specc

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 800mhz
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256mb with Memory Clock 276.8 MHz
Core Clock 324.0 MHz

1gb DDR400 memory with Manufacturer <unknown>

Motherboard: FUJITSU SIEMENS
Model D1627
Version:S26361-D1627

SB Audigy Audio 2

Radius said:
Hi Guys...im a sad Guy that bought a new PC not the best but...the problem is that i got so low scores in 3Dmarks 03 with my new PC..i only get 4698points and dont know why?ok here is my specc

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 800mhz
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256mb with Memory Clock 276.8 MHz
Core Clock 324.0 MHz

1gb DDR400 memory with Manufacturer <unknown>

Motherboard: FUJITSU SIEMENS
Model D1627
Version:S26361-D1627

SB Audigy Audio 2

send it back.

build your own.

scores better.

That's not a 9800pro man! Whoever you bought that computer off RIPPED you off!

Deal with that immediately man, I'd crack that ****ers jaw.

i need to say thank you for the help...but i dont understand...how cant my 9800 256mb DDR be a Pro Card :S i havnt seen ATI made a 9800 with 256mb...and in the setting it says its a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb..i know im not stupid and doenst understand a ****..i can pretty much about things but i think it´s really weird clock frequensy guys..dont know why...and i tryed AquaMark03 and got realy ****ty score with this PC...i only get 36.689 points! and thats su*ks to be an 3.0Ghz at 800mhz FSB with 1gb DDR 400 memory...but what i know and have learn ....that i have made before...Build a new PC for your self you get it much cheeper and better Preformance for the money but i still dont know how i can get that low points in 3dMarks03 and AquaMark03....with a good CPU and Memory...i think it will be the motherboard that sux...my other PC was much better than this ...i build it for my self and gaved it to my Brother becuase my mom ordered a new PC...so i was thinking to take this and give my old to my brother..but i really hope you guys understand me how it feels....and i hope you know how to fix it....i dont wanna waste more moneys on motherboards and GFX...now i got my newPC and wanna get power out from it so help me plz...i dont gonna clock becuase i havnt bought a new Cooler and dont have time to clock...its funny for sure but dont wanna **** this new PC up like my other PC :p anyway my ATI 9800 256mb card is from Sapphire.

Last edited:
Radius said:
i need to say thank you for the help...but i dont understand...how cant my 9800 256mb DDR be a Pro Card :S i havnt seen ATI made a 9800 with 256mb...and in the setting it says its a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb..i know im not stupid and doenst understand a ****..i can pretty much about things but i think it´s really weird clock frequensy guys..dont know why...and i tryed AquaMark03 and got realy ****ty score with this PC...i only get 36.689 points! and thats su*ks to be an 3.0Ghz at 800mhz FSB with 1gb DDR 400 memory...but what i know and have learn ....that i have made before...Build a new PC for your self you get it much cheeper and better Preformance for the money but i still dont know how i can get that low points in 3dMarks03 and AquaMark03....with a good CPU and Memory...i think it will be the motherboard that sux...my other PC was much better than this ...i build it for my self and gaved it to my Brother becuase my mom ordered a new PC...so i was thinking to take this and give my old to my brother..but i really hope you guys understand me how it feels....and i hope you know how to fix it....i dont wanna waste more moneys on motherboards and GFX...now i got my newPC and wanna get power out from it so help me plz...i dont gonna clock becuase i havnt bought a new Cooler and dont have time to clock...its funny for sure but dont wanna **** this new PC up like my other PC :p anyway my ATI 9800 256mb card is from Sapphire.

It's not a Dell, is it??? If so, I feel sorry for you.

AFAIK the Radeon 256 megs only come in the Pro variety. Perhaps (if it's a Dell), they figured out yet another way to screw customers over???? My 9800 Pro 128 runs 378/337 stock.

Do a google search for "ATI Tool". Download that utility. Let it run max core and max memory and scan for artifacts. Once you find your max core and max memory, write them down. Try to keep your max core where it is, then bring the memory down until you get no artifacts. Then create a profile for that speed. I call my profile "Gaming" for 3d apps. No reason to have the card running full whack while surfing the internet.

Hope this helps

hmm it´s a (Fujitsu Siemens) :( it says its a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb but the clock speed it like an non-Pro and it stands in the information that is a Sapphire Card...

Back