• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton Steppings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

From what I can tell, all the mobile Bartons OC very well. If I am just going to be using air, does it matter much which stepping it is?

Are there any golden steppings? If so, would it really be beneficial for me to try to get one since I'll only be using air?

And I hear that certain mobile Bartons, depending on the CPUID or something, can hit the upper multiplier ranges without using the wire trick.... or something along those lines. Is this true?

Thanx in advance,

-YB

youngbuck said:
From what I can tell, all the mobile Bartons OC very well. If I am just going to be using air, does it matter much which stepping it is?

Are there any golden steppings? If so, would it really be beneficial for me to try to get one since I'll only be using air?

And I hear that certain mobile Bartons, depending on the CPUID or something, can hit the upper multiplier ranges without using the wire trick.... or something along those lines. Is this true?

Thanx in advance,

-YB

If you want the full multipler range on the chip you need something like the NF2 mbs, which basically have the wiremod built into the MB.

Its not a hard mod to do, so I wouldn't be worried. Just drop the wire in the socket and you are good to go. You don't really need to mess with it after that. Unless you are hitting 200+ FSB you won't need the lower multipliers.

Check the CPU database on the main page for more info on the chips.

www.overclockers.com

Back