• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS-6323 switch SW1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anton P

Ok, im pretty new at overclocking.

I wanna know where I can find the SW1 switch which is mentioned in my manual and as I suspect changes the multiplier on this board...or am I totally gone?

And how I can change the CPU voltage, I have a PC6 (Coppermine) Pentium III E 500MHz-1.13GHz which is operating at 733MHz (default 1.65V). I would like to get 1.13GHz of course but I'm not sure if the other stuff in my computer supports it, to get 1.13GHz I need to set the voltage to 1.75. Can you do this in the BIOS or directly on the board? Can't find it in the BIOS anyway, I have AWARD BIOS 1.0

Also wanna know what FSB are and how I change that, probably in BIOS too but I haven't found it yet =/

I have read some guides of course but they don't answer all of these questions, so I thought some guy who had some experience in MSI boards (preferably MS-6323) could tell me a little more.

About the rest I dont know, but if u wanna go straight to 1.13 from 733, you better start looking for alot of cooling or a new cpu for when this one gets fried. You would be better off to up the fsb slowly and run tests on it to see what your max oc is first. ;)

The most you will ever really see out of that setup is 825mhz. The problem lies in pushing the FSB beyong 150mhz. There really is no good sdram out there. Sure some make PC150 but thats really as fast as it can go. Not to mention the chip and MB are going to limit you too.

Seeing as how your FSB is 133 right now, I would slowly push it up 1 mhz at a time to see how far you can get. You hopefully should get into the 140mhz range which will pick you up a little bit of speed. It might not be super noticable though. Give it a shot, watch your temps, and report back.

Good Luck. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the replys.

Was checking around in the BIOS yesterday and found the FSB settings, but I can only choose between 100/112/115 and 133 and it seems like it's always been at 133MHz even thought standrard setting was set to "default". So I just tried for fun to set it lower, tried 100 and 115 but with those options the computer wouldn't even POST :(

Is there any way to raise the FSB higher? Maybe I need a better BIOS, but it seems like the one I use is all I can get :-/

Have posted this issue in the MSI forums and so far I have only got one reply and that guy said that my only option is to raise the FSB.

One thing tho, everyone I have spoken with about this says that you should raise the FSB by one MHz and so on, why on earth can I only choose between 4 fixed rates?

Back