• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need Expert Advice on this PSU !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyramus

Hi Experts,

I haven't got a clue about PSU's so I need advice on this one.

I will be running a P4 3.2 800 mhz, P4C800 Mobo, and the sexiest grafx card I can afford next month.

ok, here goes:

550W CWT + SATA Quiet Dual Fan AMD/P4 App Active Fan Control Active PFC

General Information
• Meet Intel 2.01 & 2.03 version
• Enhanced +12V
• Meet Pentium 4 full requirements + P4 connector & Aux connector
• Meet AMD full requirments
• AMD recommended
• 2 ball bearings fans (80mm and 92mm)
• Fan speed monitor function for newer mainboards
• Temperature controlled "Super Low Noise"

Electrical Specification
Input
Input range: 230Vac.
Frequency: 47~63Hz.
Input current: 6A Max.
Efficiency: >70% at full load, nominal line.
Short circuit: Latch Off.

Output
Max. 550W.
Hold up time: >20ms at full load, nominal line.
Rise time: <20ms at full load, nominal line.
Over voltage protection: +3.3V, +5V and +12V.
Under voltage protection: +3.3V, +5V
Over power protection: 110-160%.
*+5V, +12V and +3.3V output power shall not exceed 530W

Environmental
Operating temperature: 0? to 50°C
Storage temperature: -40? to 70?
MTBF: >80,000 hrs at 80% load, 25 degrees ambient

(thank god cut and paste was invented)

Why did you post the same thing twice? Anyway CWT is a good brand to get. I have a 330w and it's has been excellent over the last year of service in GF's PC. HTH

The CWT will take almost anything you can toss at it. It is more commonly known over here as the Antec Truepower 550.

100% sure - I have a few Antecs around here, and more than a few CWT's. This particular PSU is definitely the True 550, though probably lacking the Antec fans and fan only connectors.

CWT is the OEM manufacturer... Antec doesn't actually make them. There are quite a few companies that do this - take a PSU from a manufacturer, make a few alterations, and then sell them as their own. Silverstone, for example, uses Sirtec/Highpower units. In Antec's case, ever since the older Smartpower series, CWT has made all the ones I've seen including the Truepowers and SL's. A few of the pp units were Heroichi (HEC), but AFAIK Antec hasn't used them for a PSU supplier in some time.

Not that this is a bad thing - CWT is very hard to buy in North America... if not for Antec, most people wouldn't get to buy one at all. Considering the price/performance ratio of them, Antec picked a good source of PSU's :)

Wow, thanks for the feedback Oklahoma Wolf !!

So if they are both the same, it doesn't matter if I get the CWT 550 or the Antec Truepower 550. whichever is cheaper!!!

right?

Yep - as long as the Antec also has active PFC it's pretty much the same thing. The CWT model may also lack the fan monitoring lead present on the Antec, and may or may not be louder than the Antec (different fans).

Back