• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 + 3D Artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePhenom

Registered
Well, I got a P4 2.8C m0, 2X512MB Kingston HyperX PC4000, P4P800 non-dlx and a AIW 9800 Pro

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=62275&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I have the same symptoms like most of the guys on that thread.

My video is not overclocked at all. (to ensure it was not videocard overheating and such)

The max I was able to reach was 232FSB before getting corruption/artifacts. I have had my 2.8C at 250FSB, totally stable with dual prime95 test for 24 hrs. (so it's not CPU)

To test the RAM, I ran through 8 hrs of memtest in loops, no error what so ever.

But the strange thing is that, I do not get video corruption in all games. So far, NHL 2004 gives artifacts, Medal of Honour series gives artifacts, Counter-Strike 1.6 gives artifacts; where as Battlefield series does NOT give artifacts, neither does Call of Duty or Counter-Strike 1.5.

I mean, I do not see any patterns in the games to attribute how the artifacts would occur.(btw, I have tried NUMEROUS drivers on my AIW98 Pro including CAT 3.4, 3.6, 3.8, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, also the omega drivers 3.4, 3.8 and 4.1) And yes, I have updated my BIOS to newest, all drivers are up to date.

Anyone else have similar problem and perhaps a solution?

20 views, no reply?

No one has this problem?

If it's so little, maybe I should just RMA the board.

i have ati 9800 pro that will not even let me play any game but for a minute,it drops me back to my os.i have all update stuff as well.at first i felt it might be my video card but they are a lot of people that have the same card as me with no probs at all.Are there issues these boards and cards???.

mrneed said:
i have ati 9800 pro that will not even let me play any game but for a minute,it drops me back to my os.i have all update stuff as well.at first i felt it might be my video card but they are a lot of people that have the same card as me with no probs at all.Are there issues these boards and cards???.
I think that is just your driver/OS problem.

My original artifacts problem does not crash games. Also, my AIW9800 Pro works fine with my new P4C800-E

Yep, i had the same problem with the p4p800. I had the p4p800dlx. Tried everything to stop the problem. In the end it all worked out fine. I bought myself a abit IC7 board.

Now the problem is gone and i can overclock alot higher then in the p4p800 board. One piece advice i ws given is to try to cool the mosfets on the p4p800. I didnt bother...just went out and bought a IC7.

The performance of the p4p800 dlx is excellent and overclocking was alright but in the end i had to give it up cause of this 3d artifact problem.

;)

Don't know if this applies still, but I do recall in the manual for the board it said to check the revision of the 9800 cards. It seems some of the older cards had compatibility issues with the board.

Yep i had the same problem and it seems that the 865 northbridge isn't the same as the 875 as i had 3Dmark03 CPU test 1+2 artifacts over 200MHz FSB but with the same system components and a P4C800-E she will go to 249MHz before the CUP gives up but with no artifacts

Back