• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

typing unicode and extended characters in XP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Ok heres what im trying to do.
There are two things.
1) If you run charmap.exe in windows and look through the various symbols there you see that do not have Alt+XXXX keystrokes for tryping them, so how do I go about doing them if all I have is the unicode code U+XXXX? oh and copy/pasting from charmap isnt an option. :eh?:

2)While somewhat trying to solve rpevious problem I tried changing the keyboard regional settings. now I can type russian, german, arabic and verious other characters but I cant get it to type chinese or japanese characters (hiragana and/or kachikana). Is there any way to get this to work using your average US QWERTY keyboard? Hell I cna type arabaic characters what makes the asian language so much different? oh and I have all the language packs installed that I can and have an application that technically supports said languages. :mad:

Thanks a ton in advance

Back