• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program that measures temps on desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

ive seen in the forums where people post their desktops...(mainly in linux) they have a little thermometer in the corner of the desktop that usually either sits just on the wallpaper, or on top of everything. My freind has one that goes in the tray, but u gotta click on it and it pops up...wer lookin for the desktop one..ive seen em for linux...works w. SMP as well...what is this prog and is there an XP version?

temp programs

One program that you might try is the Fuzzy Logic 4 monitor.
I'm not totally sure if their Corecell works with all motherboards, but both are great programs for your desktop. It does have an icon that shows your temp if you put the mouse on it. Try this link for the program. msi utilities

ya mbm5 is the one that is in the tray, but idk about the one in linux sorry.

I use coolmon, it gets its info from mbm. mbm does not have to be running to get your readings in coolmon but you still need it installed. It will also display your fan rpm,s too. Coolmon does a lot of other cool things too :)

oblivi0n said:
I use Sysmetrix to show all kinds of information on my desktop.

My Desktop

It pulls that data from MBM, which is running in the background (not visible in my tray). You can also use Samurize to do this.

Thats about the same thing as coolmon.

I use Mother Board Monitor and it is a great program. It starts up when the computer starts up and just runs in the background.

I highly reccommend it.

I use Speedfan and I think its great, its small and it gives you all the info you need temps cpu usage it even reports from S.M.A.R.T. if its enabled on your hard drives. I recommend it!!!
TheNewGuy

Back