• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

70mm Magnet-Tip Driven

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using one. Came with my vantec aeroflow. It works well, moves a good amount of air for it's size. Has good air pressure to (I'm guessing due to the lack of a large center hub). I think it moves around 35-40cfm. Noise level isn't too bad either. I think max is around 35db. HOWEVER! be warned that these things have a good amount of torque...like 4x a normal fan...and thus generate a LOT of vibration.

If I take my fan off the hs so it doesn't pass the vibration to the motherboard, the sound in my case nearly drops in half. and don't even think you're going to stick your finger in there to stop the blades...it'll damn near take it off. I lost half a finger nail on accident when I was reaching in my case to touch the heatsink to see how warm/cool it was.

My recomendation is that that if you can mount these things with a gel-like substance (gel-eeze wrist rest stuff would work good) than they may do a good job for their small size. But IMO, I'd get a panaflo 80mm as they are a quieter and don't need special attention for vibration.

of course, the vibration could just be from my fan...others may not be like that. I've also heard the have a higher failure rate.

yeah, the Evercool ones? I was going to get 2 of those in the 120mm version. I've heard nothing but good about them. My case has room for 2 120mm fans, and one of them is an Antec fan, which is loud as hell and I need to replace it.

Back