• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ready to assemble. What am I missing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

hey guys I think I am ready to assemble here but I have slowly bought my components over the past few months so before I start tearing everything apart this is what I have.

swiftech mcp600
dtek WW
lapping kit
10 ft Cleaflex
2-324 HC

Now what are all the little things I need to pickup on my way home from work so I can throw it together without running back to the store 10 times?

no res I was thinking maybe a T with a small piece of tube instead. Will that work?

Heres what I have so far but What kind of water do I need to use and what water additives at what ratios should I use? also whats the best wat to config this in my system? Pump>WW>HC>Pump? do any of these components need to be higher or lower than the other??

Sorry to ask som many questions I am just ichen to get this done and done right the first time so I appreciate all your input.

Attachments

• small wc stuff.jpg
    small wc stuff.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130
Alright, I'll help ya.

Flow should go like this.

Pump>HC>WW>Pump

No real requirement on T-line placement, but putting it at the top will make the air bleed faster.

As for additives, Zerex racing coolant seems to be the best. I seem to remember 95% water 5% zerex as the optimal config. Use distilled water. De-ionized is a waste because the moving water will pick up some ions from your waterblocks, and you'll end up with basically no benefit at a higher cost. As far as the rest of it goes, it looks good.

Good luck, and happy WC/OC!

Distilled water with a 25% mixture of antifreeze works, and do you have something for the end of your T-line like a stopper or cork.

edit: his mixture is probably more on par. ;)

For a cheap T-line stopper, I'll tell you liquid_cooled style.

Get a barb. 1/2" OD is fine. Fill it up using a hot glue gun so no water gets through. Stick it onto the end and enjoy!

It's very simple, very cheap, and will work well. Also, get a funnel. It'll help you to pour everything in without spilling it all over the place.

Well, finding tupperware that big might be a problem. I'd say go get some sheet metal, a soft tipped hammer (you can do this with a hammer covered in a dish towel or something), and bend the metal into a perfectly fitting shroud.

Other than that, I'm not sure if you'll have much success finding a tupperware shroud for the dual 120 heatercore you have there, just because it's a strange shape for a tupperware container.

Good luck!

Back