• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

powersupply help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to Overclockers forums :D

Now about that psu, i would'nt trust it. 24 bux for a no frills brand 550w is just asking for the death of your pc.

The psu is the most important part of the pc. Go with a name brand.

Fortron
Sparkle
TTGI ( Super Flower)
Enermax
Antec

And of course the Big Daddy of them all: PC Power & Cooling.

I went to www.ul.com to check the UL registration with their "online tools" but found nothing when I typed in typed in E161879, E151879, E161870, and E161870. The only other times that registration numbers didn't match up for me was also with super-cheap PSUs. IOW I think that this PSU has a phoney UL number, and considering how much junk is UL approved, do you really want to take a chance?

It's so-so... personally for that amount of money, a Fortron/Sparkle 350w is a much better deal. For myself, unless it was one of the new Noisetakers and cheaper than a good Fortron unit, I would skip the Enermax units altogether.

For your system, I would suggest the Fortron 400w w/120mm fan or better; or the Antec Truepowers above 430w. A P4 2.8 is getting close to the point a Fortron 350w will start having trouble if you want to overclock.

If overclocking isn't so important, the Fortron 350w and Antec 380w will do fine as well.

Back