• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50k, 1200ppw & still can't hold top 100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I finally hit 50k but I've gone from #97 back to #101 in the last couple of weeks.

In a few months you'll need 2000ppw to just stay in the top 100.

I'll be back once I build some more in house power.

It is getting tough. Im comming up the ranks pretty quickly, but there is a lot of stiff competition up there. Hope I can get in the top 100 soon.

I wish you luck with your farm.

No kidding, I'm making about 1000 ppw and am stuck in 139th, and have been there for about 2 months.... oh if I could only have permission to borg all the CAD rigs at work :mad:

Hey dont feel too bad. I was at one time 13th on this team (when those tasty AGOIA's were dirt cheap :D ). Now at 2300 ppw and it appears just enough to keep from sliding back for a while (67th) I did for a time fold for another team (20 weeks) but even when points are combined id be clinging to top 40. Its become a difficult thing to climb or maintain position.. thats a good thing though it means the team has got some serious POWA!! I for myself am hoping that after getting settled i can break out with some more powa :D

My only borg died awhile back as I haven't seen any additional activity other than my own in house processors.

I'm thinking of getting a mobil XP2500 for my daughter's SK41G Shuttle. that should get me an extra 100ppw over the XP1700 that's in it now. Maybe use that XP1700 for a real cheap 300ppw Overclockix layer

My SB75G2 should add 850ppw when I get the RMAed unit back.

How much do you think dual 3.4GHz Xeons will put out running 4 clients?

I should be able to substain over 3kPPW if all the hardware holds up :D

Audioaficionado said:
How much do you think dual 3.4GHz Xeons will put out running 4 clients?
:D

My guess would be about 2500ppw.

Can I play with it, when you get it? Please?

Xeon's sound nice, but I'm all for someone trying out a nice Quad opteron folding layer ;)

walaka7 said:
Im too cheap for dual xeons, but dual bartons may be in order
:D

Unless you get an even better killer deal on the classifieds or ebay, a Asus PC-DL based 2.66/533 Xeon system can be goosed past 800fsb and won't cost more than $1100 over at Newegg. This is for a top notch, up to date system that will compete with anything that will be coming out in the next year or two.

Unless you get the MPX system used at a discount, you'll save maybe $400 to $500 but the bang for the buck crown might still be with the PC-DL set up right now in spite of it's higher initial cost. Prices on 533 Xeons might drop significantly after Intel's x86-64bit Xeons get out and don't act like PressHott silicon smelters.

Back