• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400 mobile does 1.2 ghz max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

i dont know what to do im getting tired of picking up this heavy case to reset the bios.i have the biostar m7ncd .there is like no settings.
i have the fsb set for 200. 266 crashes and 300 crshes
i have the memory on auto .my choices are like 100%-200% and alot in between but most chioces seem to crash me.i have no voltage or multiplier settings.if anyone has any ideas for me i would love to hear them. signed "the slow poke"

recommend you get an abit AN7, NF7 or nf7-s... Soltek NF2 ultra board (if it's still avialable)... it will pay off in the long run and maybe you can sell off you biostar to a friend to offset you cost.
Biostar isn't the greatest board to be testing out the m2400 you got.

i plan on it but is there anything i can do to get up to the stock rating? for now like 1.8 ghz or so? temp 22 c

Well stock on that CPU should be 14x133

Set the voltage to 1.45 or as close as you can get it.

Set the FSB to 133mhz

Set the Multiplier to 14 (if you do not have multiplier control on that MB you will need a pin mod to set it properly)

Reply back and I can help you get it setup, if you need the pin mod.

i just found clock gen .if it can't help me then i have two chioces would the (k7s5a pro ecs have one still in box) be a better board? if not i should do pin mod on friday if i dont have the cash for a new board on friday.

ok im up to 1.3 with 3d markse of 6862 my best score ever i think i can sit in this a few days

You didn't really answer my question, or try what I suggested.

What is your FSB/Multiplier/V-Core

No the ECS would not be much better. It deffinatly requires a pin mod, and a BIOS flash.

FSB 217 thats not bad at all.

So I guess you can't change multipliers. Well its time for a pin mod then. I would shoot for 11.5x or 12X. It depends on what the chip has in it.

Without multiplier control it's gonna be a pita to overclock... It would apear to me that 217 is about your max FSB... that's probably why it crashes... so you're gonna have to back off the FSB and start hard wiring multipliers... maybe start out with 12x and then start pumping the FSB back up.

IMO get some nforce board doesnt have to be a high $ one just one that will give you alittle more settings to play with.

jonspd said:
IMO get some nforce board doesnt have to be a high $ one just one that will give you alittle more settings to play with.

Yeah that would be the ultimate solution. I think that we can get him working with what he has. No need to spend any more money.

if anyone wants to post me a link to the pin mod.it would be great dont have time to do a search .im a work ...sneaking on the internet (looking over my shoulder).for the next 8 hours.

[Off topic]
lol {PMS}fishy, look one post up :) and the time mine and yours were posted ;)
[/Off topic]

so im creating like 3 little bridges? i hope my cpu doesnt cut them
i dont know whether to pick athlon barton or tbred because this is a 266 processor.its the moblie one so which do i pick?

Last edited:
The Coolest said:
[Off topic]
lol {PMS}fishy, look one post up :) and the time mine and yours were posted ;)
[/Off topic]

Yeah I saw that. I had the reply box open while I was looking for the webpage. Then I saw you posted, and wasn't in the mod for editing.

Atleast he cannot say that he missed the link. :D

Back