• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raziel Warior

Registered
As I've seen in OCForums a majority of members have the same mobo with me!But they have managed to achieve very high overclocking to their processors!My system is stable at 230FSB with Vcore 1.55!I want to have to 240FSB with Vcore 1.60!Until 238FSB works perfect with Vcore 1.60!What about 250FSB with Vcore 1.60 and Vdimm 2.85 2.5-3-3-6 burstl 8 would it be possible?????

Well the ram is TwinMOS PC3200 CL2.5
Normaly it works with 2.7V but also in 2.85V works fine but the system remains unstable at 3.6GHz

i guess you reached memory highest frequency at these settings. try setting the timings to 3-4-4-8.
if this doesn't help switch to 4/5 mode (320MHZ as appears in the bios).
if after switching to 4/5 you won't be able OC higher than before, then probably CPU is the one that limts you.

Well,I want to make some clarifications in order to be well understood and reach to a conclusion about what's happening with my pc system!

Fistly, my ram works properly (or perfectly) in 1:1 mode until 434MHz!I reach to that number after lots of tests!But this refers only to a 217FSB which to small for my expectations!My aim is to reach 250FSB and 3,750GHz.

So in the first post when I was writting that my system runs well at 230FSB -> 3,45GHz with 1.55Vcore, I have already had my ram switched to 5:4 mode.Under these conditions the system doesn't have any problem!

Now that I'm writting the post and for the past 2 weeks or more I run my system at 238FSB-> 3,57GHz with 1.6Vcore with only one problem!That is winamp!!!The system doesn't have any problem with games,heavy programs for chemical engineering and mathematical calculations not even in dvd ripping or video encoding of dv video!

But if I hear music with winamp sometimes (definitely not always) the system restarts.This happens irregularly and breaks my nerves!!!It happens even if the program runs alone or with other programs together!

If I try to increase the FSB more,for example 240MHz, the gets more
intensive which is annoying!

Recently I've read some posts in a forum that have to do with the ambers that a power supply can give!They where saying that great
overclockings demand more ambers from the power supply.That sounds logical to me to, but I've already have an Antec TruePower 330Watt PSU and I don't know if it's insufficient or not!They were saying that the PSU with good amber supply are the Enermax!

I look into the matter and found out that my PSU performs better tha n the Enermax 350Watt or even Levicom 420XPE as far as amber are concerned!So I don't know what to do!

I would like to read any suggestions, ideas,knowledge on tis matter!
Furthermore any settings for my mobo,processor and ram would be welcome cause I want to reach my aim!

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. Has the 1.16 bios any difference or not from 1.15???Should I use it or not???

Back