• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting article (Van Smith)-Prescott Inferno

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He is starting to seem like a wacko. Why do I want to read about some descration of a a old indians grave?

That article was semi-amusing at times... but seemed heavy on personal opinion and light on actual data. Wonder what he was smoking and/or drinking when he got to the last half of his tirade?

batboy said:
That article was semi-amusing at times... but seemed heavy on personal opinion and light on actual data. Wonder what he was smoking and/or drinking when he got to the last half of his tirade?

Maybe taking hits off of a peace pipe.

LOL! It is a little freaky seeming, but I believe much of the data / opinions regarding heat and performance is in line with everything else I've seen.

Nephewkp said:

Maybe taking hits off of a peace pipe.

LOL, now that's funny.

I have a Prescott and admit they run a little hot. But, there was a wee bit of exageration going on in that article. TC (a senior member here on the forum) had an AMD FX51 before buying a Prescott and he claims the amount of heat produced when overclocking is about the same for both CPUs.

Funny how that old chestnut about the FX seems to be trotted out whenever the heat problems of the Prescott are mentioned - nobody else seems to think there is a heat issue with the FX or the A64 - which puts out EXACTLY the same power as the FX (89W) - strange huh?
"They run a little hot" - priceless!!

Back