• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noobie needs suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chitocobo

ok here is the thing i never have alot of cash and i try to get the most out of what i can afford.

my case has
1 fan case slot
4 empty pci slots
lots of space

my cpu is using a stock amd fan wich i have managed to do some minor OCing. im wondering what the best case fan and best cpu fan are.

i was looking at thermal takes thermo electro coller. its 100 dollars but im not sure if it would be a good OCing thing or a gimmic. hmm well suggest away.

NOTE: im planning on upgrading my ram to 2x 512 and my cpu to barton 3000+

Nah the Tt Thermoelectric coolers are horrible, if you wanna get some better cooling get watercooling, otherwise stick to a nice Thermalright heatsink and a 92mm fan (beats some watercooling systems in cooling).

:cool:

i was looking at thermal takes thermo electro coller. its 100 dollars but im not sure if it would be a good OCing thing or a gimmic. hmm well suggest away.

NOTE: im planning on upgrading my ram to 2x 512 and my cpu to barton 3000+

:cool: .....New game plan

#1 Get a Mobile Barton XP(as in laptop chip). They OC much better and they are unlocked. Plus they are cheaper.

#2 I'd get 2x256MB save urself the cash and get a better case. The ventilation you have is very poor.

#3 Buy a good thermalright heatsink...not thermal take. Thermaltake is aweful when compared to Thermalright.

For you, Thermalright's 900a would be a perfect match.

#4 Get some better fans. Like Thermaltake's Smart Fan 2.

If you live in the US, newegg.com has all of these. If you want links to these let us know

also.....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
...and the sickness :eek:

Sentential that is a great list of suggestions. Thermaltake makes pretty good fans but thier HS' are not worth the price you pay anywhere.

"ok here is the thing i never have alot of cash and i try to get the most out of what i can afford."

For someone who never has money you are talking about a lot of spending. Follow Sentential' suggestions and you will get a much cooler therefore better OC rig for 100 bucks +- less then what you suggested upgrading to.

Edit------ Oh yea Welcome to the Forums

get a thermalright slk-900A with a 92mm tornado(if you dont mind alot of noise) or panaflo instead of the tornado for less noise but good performance, also get arctic silver 5 thermal compound. i use the 900A+tornado+as5 and it works great

i also suggest Sidewindercomputer thats were i got mine, im not sure if the prices are better sometimes newegg has a large shipping cost.

Hmmm...

For what chitocobo's looking at, with his current case, I'd also recommend either folding and tying away IDE and FDD ribbon cables, or using rounded cables. These will improve your case temps.

Back