• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help cooling for California Summer heat!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fartem

Well i have 1 big 120 mm fan in the front and one in the back. Im planning on getting 2 80mm in the side pannel. Is that enough ?
Help please

Get yourself a good heatsink and fan combo as well. If you feel like cutting, top blowhole would help. I've also heard of people putting a hole in the bottom of the case as well. Theres only so much you can do with air.

Parkest said:
Get yourself a good heatsink and fan combo as well. If you feel like cutting, top blowhole would help. I've also heard of people putting a hole in the bottom of the case as well. Theres only so much you can do with air.

thats already taken care of , I just got a Thermaltake 900u and a nice 80mm fan.
and im being serious here man . Thats plain dumb to use a room fan

it would work, but just do this, cut a hole in top for an exhaust, have 2 fans blowing in from the side panel, one over cpu, one over vid card, and you SHOULD keep temps under 25º... Another thing would be to get some dryer ducting and duct cold air from AC to an intake...i do that when it gets real hot and it works great. Good luck, and maybe you should try tornados all through out the case if you really want cool

fartem said:

thats already taken care of , I just got a Thermaltake 900u and a nice 80mm fan.
and im being serious here man . Thats plain dumb to use a room fan

Yeah a room fan does really help, but it's loud... Why would you think it's dumb?

definately take the time and cut urself a top blowhole and if ur case dosent already have a side fan cut one just over ur pci bus. this will give u a noticeable difference in temperatures. also if u dont have front fans put one as ur looking at ur puter from side bottom right. this will create a sort of wind tunnel. air comes in from side crosses ur pci bus and then ur cpu and out the back. front comes across ur southbridge hits ur cpu and out the blowhole.

Considering it was 86°F today in southern california at the end of march no less, cooling this summer will be a *****, might be time for water.

NO water cooling , i dont wanna spend money on something i might screw up and end up frying my system.

Hes right, if you take off the side of your case, and have the fan sucking the heat away from it, thats would be the BEST temps you could have going on inside your system. So what hes trying to show you is, with the side off, and the room fan taking the heat out, thats what you want you temps to look like, with the side panel on and the ideal case fans. Its not a stupid idea, and to keep saying its dumb, shows you have no real ambition to do this. Whats the point of ****ting on his ideas, whe you came in here and asked for them in the first place?

I'm thinkig about a room fan too, as I realized I'm running out power connectors and I really don't need to drain my psu of more amps. So a room fan(s) as I have a folding farm, will have to do.

whats wrong with you, thats more then a decent idea, its very good air cooling. It would move a lot more air then smaller fans.

^^ Agreed. If you want it colder I would focus on the HSF. You may have an SLK900a but it not SP97.

Heatpipes make all the difference. This problem is you dont want to go into Water Cooling or deal with high noise.

If you have the cash maybe phase-change is in ur immediate future.

fartem said:
Well i have 1 big 120 mm fan in the front and one in the back. Im planning on getting 2 80mm in the side pannel. Is that enough ?
Help please

Give me the CFM of the intake fans, combined, and the CFM of the exhaust fans, combined, and I'll tell you how hot to expect your case to be.

Best way to keep the CPU fan intake air cool is with a duct. You can use lots of fans, or just use 2 fans with a duct.

the wesson

LOLicertailly dont know thatbut i know my case is oretty hot now so i think all i need to do is get some fans cut into the site pannel and the top or bottom

Check out the pics in the link.:) Right now Folding @ 50% cpu usage, Case temp 29°C / CPU 41°C / Ambient(room) temp,26°C..
Or 78.6°F...FILTERED..:D See sig of rig and all 3 pages of pic's to see the transition over time..:drool:

MOBYDICK PIC'S LINK :eek:

Back