• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just sleeved my PSU..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

Hey all.. I Just sleeved my PSU and now I have a problem.. my comp wont start up.. I didnt do anything with the ATX connector (no solder no sleeve no nothin..) I push the power button on the case and it sounds like for a brief second the thing tries to start up but then stops.. then if I keep pressing the power button.. nothing at all happens until I turn it off and on again, then it starts the whole thing over again.. The sleeving didnt really do anything to clean up my wires and now my comp doesnt even work.. any ideas what I should do!?!

the only thing I changed on it was the molex connectors.. I put black ones on instead. I just tried to jump the PSU and no luck.. same thing happens. Also, I dont have the floppy connector put on at all.. all 3 of them are taken off and taped off because I couldnt figure out how to put them back on.. could that possible be the cause or just the fact that I changed to black molex connectors? Any suggestions PLEASE let me know.. I dont feel like going out and buying an 80 dollar antec PSU at best buy tomorrow..

sounds like you reversed a power wire. 12 or 5v to a ground will prevent the ps from turning on

ok.. I just checked all the connections.. it goes yellow 1, black 2, black 3, and red 4 for all of them.. the wires are a bit twisted though but I dont think that is a problem.. however I did find one loose pin.. hopefully that fixed it.. gonna give it a test now

DAMMIT!! Still no luck.. same problem persists.. I took off ALL the connectors and redid them.. what the hell. Anyone please help me out!

You didn't put a red wire where a yellow one is supposed to be maybe??

never mind.. I figured it out (with the help of an oc forum member who helped me out) it was no big deal.. I just had some of the floppy wires touching one another.

basically yes but its a lot more of a pain than that because you have to take off all the molex connectors too.

I sleeved my PSU last night with the Vantec kit. It was a lot more time consuming than I thought! You need to remove all of the connectors in order to use this kit. I bought a molex pin removal tool at Radio Shack and that was great for all of the 4 pin connectors, but I had 2 use staples to remove the other connectors.

Mucho neato!

PerlAddict said:
Some of those kits seem like they could slip over the molex connectors (that Vantec one, for instance). Not actuall feasible?

I'm planning to sleeve my computer soon. The kit that you are talking about are wire loom. Wire loom will cover wires, so u dont need to remove any of the molex connection.

Back