• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat, what heat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

ok, i just got this thing in and running today. the stats:

mobile 2500
core: 2049.7
mult: 12.5
fsb: 164
bus: 327.9
voltage: 1.563

cpu 30c, case 20c

as overclocks go this isnt high for these chips, but i'm not seeing anything like the temps people seem to be reporting. is that last ~500Mhz realling going to cause a ~20c difference, the first 200Mhz only raised things about 1c.

OR

am i not taking on die temps? i tried re-installing MBM 5 to see if it would find another sensor but it didnt, is this something the motherboard needs to be capable of too?

================================

this is the max fsb my mobo can take. raise fsb by one, no boot. raise it by ~6, no post (that was kinda scary).
higher multis, maybe. not sure about using a board bolted HS when the chip isnt seated properly tho

When you increase the voltage and overclock the CPU, your temps will rise 4 sure and keep rising depending on how stressed your CPU is.

Really try around 2400mhz core speed and about 1.75 volt's thru MBM5 and see what your full load is.

my 2500 mobile @ 2.46ghz with 1.75 volt's run's about 42 full load.

it's not going to be a 20C increase for u. probably a 10-15C increase max and yes it's worth it. Look at ur case temp, it's freaking 20C, my case temp are about 30C and it's like that for most people who lives in CA or Florida, that's why our loaded temp are at 45+, my loaded temp are at 47C.

Back