• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Celeron 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCNEWBY

Hi,

This is my first time OCing and I am having problems. My setup:

AOpen AX4BS Pro board
Celeron 2.0/Oversize CPU cooler
2x 256mb PC100 SDRAM
1x 128mb PC133 SDRAM
Windows XP Pro
RivaTNT 16mb

The system is running at 40 degrees C so it's not overheating. I just reinstalled fresh OS at 2.0Ghz. Then I went into BIOS and set the FSB to 120 to achieve 2.4Ghz. I WAS able to get into the OS a couple of times but strangely the sound will not work, but then I get a blue error message screen, something about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. At this point I cannot even set the FSB on 105, the system crashes or gives me the blue screens with error messages.

I dont understand what I am doing wrong, 400Mhz extra should be easily achievable. Please help!!!

it is your ram more then likely holding you back (pc100) try taking it out and running just the 128 and see if it will go i could never get pc100 to go very far always crapped out on me but my pc133 im running now is running at 166.7 mhz so try that and if it works get more pc133 and sell the 100
here is a link for memtest http://www.memtest86.com/#download1

Thanks, I'll give it a try. It's weird that I was able to load OS a few times, but there was no sound. Do you think that maybe I also need to get the latest BIOS?

Your sound card is not working because your PCI speed is too far out of specs, some cards just don`t like high PCI speed. Use only PC133 ram and try to reach 133Mhz FSB ( your PCI speed will be now set again to 33Mhz and your sound card will work ). But nobody can tell you if your CPU is capable of 133FSB, but I assume it is. Good luck!!

I tried your advise, loading PC133 memory only, 128MB. The system would not even start!!! Weird...

try booting with 1 stick of the 100 if it boots maybe the 133 is toast, and are you using onboard video if so it will not boot to win xp because the video is actually using some of the ram and now it is not the 128 that winxp must have to run

Back