• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkshodokan07

Registered
Last edited:
depends on the chips.. if its bh5/6, probably good stuff.. but if it aint, all the heatspreaders and custom boxes dont mean squat..

PC3200 at 2-3-3-7 timings and they're calling it ULTRA? Howabout Ultra Marketing Ploy?

You can definately do better. "Good" PC3200 memory should be able to operate at 2-3-2-6 timings or thereabouts, sometimes even 2-3-2-5. For the price they're asking, you should be seeing a lot more performance.

If you're wanting a gig of good PC3200, you might try this link on Newegg
Price is exactly the same, but the timings are considerably better for PC3200 speeds and it's from a known-good name brand.

If you're wanting a gig of cheap PC3200, you can try this link on Komusa. Good vendor, and they're samsung chips so they're very decent stuff. $80 for a 512mb stick of PC3200, so $160 for a gig.

Dunno, my motherboard stops here :p Nothing I do seems to make anything faster than 284 stable... Cpu voltage, ram voltage, ram dividers (5:4 or 3:2), AGP voltage, you name it. Seems to me that this is just the upper limit of what the board can attain.

I'm willing to bet that this ram has more in it, I just can't reach it :(

Albuquerque said:
Dunno, my motherboard stops here :p Nothing I do seems to make anything faster than 284 stable... Cpu voltage, ram voltage, ram dividers (5:4 or 3:2), AGP voltage, you name it. Seems to me that this is just the upper limit of what the board can attain.

I'm willing to bet that this ram has more in it, I just can't reach it :(

yeah i agree, without heavy modding, thats probably the limit. i have a sneaky suspicion my 2nd ic7 that im moddin to the max will allow higer clocks speeds with my present cpu. right now it boots over 310 but is not totally stable previously till 288 on both boards. thats seeems a heck of a bump down for stability.. watch the modded one run up to some ungodly speed and and the 230.00 i spent for this super 2.4c was for nothing, lol

devvingiorgio said:
$230 ? jeez...D1 step ?

I would hope it was a M0, or that would be a terrible rip off. 230$ for a M0 is still really expensive, I got a ES 3.0C D1 for only 225$.

yeah, i been looking for a really fast and stable 2.4c for 6 1\2 months, you know not a benchy at 3.6 b4 it dies, but a STABLE 3.6+ cranker. well i bought 1 that actually is supposed to run 3.7. i have already spent about 600.00 looking for one of these gems buying new and no luck, so i said screw it im buying it. I have been DYING to find out what my hyperram will do. 1 of the sticks runs to over 290 at 2.78 volts so this setup oughta let me find out. wish me luck... flapper300 fsb or bust!

Well back on subject.

The timings on that RAM are good. it says 2-2-2-6. The higher timings they listed are for if you put them in a KT400 chipset motherboard. Aren't BH-5 and BH-6 the only chips that can run 2-2-2-6 timings at 400 MHz? If so that RAM is good stuff. Although I think they are concentrating a bit much on the "exclusive polished mahogany box".

Back