• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to quiet a Mini Super Orb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I've bought a new comp AMD Athlon 1.2GHz with an ASUS mobo, A7V-133 and a Mini Super Orb, the noise is inberrible!!!
any one have any simple to accomplish idias how to quiet it down, except lowering the voltage?? (Its 3 pin connected to MB)

I would have to recommend against trying to quiet a super orb. That cooler is just barely adequate to the task of keeping the processor from overheating, if you did anything to quiet it I do not think it would be able to do its job.
In my opinion your best option would be to look into getting a different HSF.

Hm...you should chuck that and get a real heatsink...if you want quiet, you could go with a Glaciator ($40) or maybe get a WBK and stick a larger (80mm) fan on it. Both are quieter, and both will actually cool your cpu. :)

You think an Orb is loud? Guess you haven't used or heard a Delta 38cfm fan before. Consider a better heatsink or replace the fan with a more quite one

Back