• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird UT2004 Problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Venesectrix

(System specs in sig) I get these weird problems in UT2004. Even in single player, it'll play fine for about a minute, then I'll get something like 10 seconds of extreme lag where it takes maybe 3 seconds between, for exmple, when I push space and when it jumps. I realize that it may be my video card, but I really don't think that's it; I have the latest drivers, it fits the recommended specifications printed on the box, and it worked fine playing the demo at 800x600 with everything set on "normal," though now I still get problems even if I set everything to lowest at 640x480 :(. I'm using the DVD special edition, if that matters, and I've tried reinstalling the game. I've got DirectX 9b, I've tried using both "Direct3D" and 'Software" in the display options in-game, and I've tested Direct3D in dxdiag with no problems. Please help :)

Now you are scaring me, I am getting UT2004 in couple of days. Demo was running fine on my system in 800*600 normal. Probably our rigs are the same ( see my sig ), note that CPU is o/ced to 2300Mhz. I want to run this game before I will switch to some better graphic card!

Have you tried reverting back to older video card drivers? I know that the latest usually isn't the greatest for the older cards.

Yep, I've got the same thing going on, I've made it a *little* better by changing the Audio from "3d audio" to "hardware audio", and turning down my video settings, I did have everything at it's highest, at 1280*1024, so I just clicked the default button whilst on the video props.

Hope they get this fixed relatively soon...I refuse to accept this game choking my main rig. UNACCEPTABLE! :)

do you have anything runnin in the back ground? sounds like disk swapping is happening. I heard of turning of pre loac texture, why don't you give that a try.

OK, rolling back the drivers doesn't help, but by turning the audio to "Hardware 3D Audio" and expanding my swap file to 2 gigs it's bearable to play. It still glitches from time to time, but all in all it works pretty nice.

Venesectrix said:
(System specs in sig) I get these weird problems in UT2004. Even in single player, it'll play fine for about a minute, then I'll get something like 10 seconds of extreme lag where it takes maybe 3 seconds between, for exmple, when I push space and when it jumps. I realize that it may be my video card, but I really don't think that's it; I have the latest drivers, it fits the recommended specifications printed on the box, and it worked fine playing the demo at 800x600 with everything set on "normal," though now I still get problems even if I set everything to lowest at 640x480 :(. I'm using the DVD special edition, if that matters, and I've tried reinstalling the game. I've got DirectX 9b, I've tried using both "Direct3D" and 'Software" in the display options in-game, and I've tested Direct3D in dxdiag with no problems. Please help :)

mx video card is marginal 2 years ago...upgrade...

Try turning off sound. If it goes away then you either need a sound card or need to lower your sound options. I recommend atleast a SBlive 5.1. That should help increase your performance if you have onboard sound.

Back