• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile XP compatability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

I am currently looking into getting say a 2400+m and dont know what side effexts or what not I may run into. Is there somewhere where I may find a list or something, even your input, on if it will work in what mobos? My friend has an AN7 I think, and mine is in sig, and just curious before I go and buy anything.

It will work in all MBs that support Barton CPUs. If you don't have multiplier control in the BIOS you will have to pin mod the chip to get the proper multiplier, as default is only 6 on the 2500+

The AN7 will support it...not sure about yours...yours will support it if it can handle the 1.45v's the mobiles take...if your MB doesn't support 1.45v's...then odds are no it wont work correctly...

{PMS}fishy said:
It will work in all MBs that support Barton CPUs. If you don't have multiplier control in the BIOS you will have to pin mod the chip to get the proper multiplier, as default is only 6 on the 2500+

This goes against what I posted and have learned from here and other forums (XS, Abit to name a few)...that the MB has to be able to support the low voltage (1.45) for them to work correctly...

And the reason why I asked this was a month or so back...I have a 8KHA+ that has a BIOS out that supports the barton CPU's...but when a friend of mine tried his mobile on the 8KHA+ it wouldnt boot correctly...gave the whistle and bells when trying to boot up...the 8KHA+ will only go down to 1.65v's in the options, but once we put it in the NF7...worked fine...but the NF7's voltage options go down to 1.4v's...

Well.. with what I currently have, the lowest it will do is 1.55 i think... Would that suffice or would i be shooting myself in the foot?

What you need to do is locate the VRM chip on your board and look up it's datasheet, that will tell you the lowest voltage your board can make. I often have looked at these datasheets and realized that there are often more voltage options than the BIOSes offer.

Back