Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Extreme Cooling
Extreme Cooling Below ambient cooling is extreme. The crazies discuss chillers, phase change, dry ice, & liquid nitrogen in here...
Forum Jump

For Those Of You Who Say I Dont Know.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 01:38 PM Thread Starter   #1
Sophisticated

For Those Of You Who Say I Dont Know.....

for those of you who say i dont know wether to believe the Mach 1 or 2 probe or the motherboard probe....or whatever other probe your using besides the Mach1 or 2 probe....i finally figured it out lol some of you might have already some havent..for those of you who havent ill explain it to you...the Mach 1 or 2 probe only shows the temps for the EVAPORATING Temps.........If you want the True temps of your CPU then Believe your MB or whatever prob your using to measure your CPU temps...here is a pic of the Mach probe if you STILL dont get what im saying lol.....the temp probe reader is at the near bottom colored aqua....

Sophisticated is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-20-04, 03:08 PM   #2
donny_paycheck
Inactive Super Quad Mod

Most AMD motherboards still measure CPU temps using the socket thermistor. That's why they report temps that may seem inordinately high.

In my experience, socket temps will, on average, be 20-30C higher than die temps, and evaporator temps will be 15-25C lower.

My 2500+ @ 2.1v had socket temps of 15C and evap temps of -30C, and a final die temp of -15C. My P4 uses its on-die diode to read CPU temps and at 1.65v its temps are -40C evap, and -27C on-die.

6GB Corsair Dominator
XFX GeForce GTX 285
WD Raptor 150GB / Hitachi 1TB
Antec P182 / PCP&C Silencer 750
Samsung 2232GW

Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
donny_paycheck is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Extreme Cooling
Extreme Cooling Below ambient cooling is extreme. The crazies discuss chillers, phase change, dry ice, & liquid nitrogen in here...