• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 mods down 3 to go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is my finished up Max3 mods:

Max3.jpg

had a heck of a time cutting traces and soldering the 10 ohm smd for the vagp, but finally got it completed. am in the middle of the 3rd mod..vdd.

beleive me hipro is the braniac, how he figured out the circuitry is beyond me..im just following his instructions, just takes the right tools and equipment and alot of patience.. well 3 down 2 to go, if my head doesnt pop.

LOL.

You are doing good my friend.

Hipro is certainly the man, but dont let that keep you from learning. Follow those traces with a magnifying glass to see if it teaches you anything.

Just like if you screw up a solder to a resistor on a board, you can always follow its trace to its Vreg and possibly solder there to fix it up.

WE WANT PICS!!

im halfway thru my last mod, (vtt). I got burned out and took off yesterday. after im thru i have to test them and see if they work.ill post pics then. thanx alot for the nice words and encouragement guys ,it really means alot...

hipro5 is definitely a maniac... he's gotta be an electronic tech to figure out those traces, and to perform the actual mod..

WOW, what does he get in 3dmark with a fsb like that?!?!?!?!? WOW is all i have to say doubling the FSB of a chip is NOT an easey thing to do WOW

YIPPPIEEEEEE!!!!!! IM THRU

Finally, finished up last nite. put the board back in fired it up and.... NOTHING. Of course, this came out of my mouth! #$$@!%^&&^%##@#@!!!&****&^%&$. Then i remebered to turn the on the power supply.. lol. tested the voltage on all, and they actually work. so i took it back out and epoxied all of the solder and weak joints.. Pics will follow soon as i can steal my buddies dig. cam..

Good deal u can also use hat glue that works well just make sure the surfac is clean and free of dust and grime either way. O yeah u will also probaly now want a fan on ur NB as u will b upping FSB and the voltage is up now so it will get a lil warm.

Edit: that board already has an active NB cooler though don't it?

srry hot glue u can by the gun and the sticks of glue at any hobbie/craft store even a DIY store. the gun is like 10bucks and the glue will be a few if u by extra some guns might come with glue sticks. All it is basiclly a soft plastic/rubber that u can use to stick MANY things together with like cloth or really anything except for metals and stuff. But it will owrk great for doing what u want many ppl allready use them.

Back